Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a HVAC Mechanic for our location in Birmingham, AL. Reporting to the HVAC department lead, this position will perform installation of new HVAC systems for all modular construction projects.
- Complete all HVAC system installations efficiently and accurately within a manufacturing plant environment.
- Maintain a clean, organized work cell and participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings, and technical vendor training.
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure on-time, high quality installations.
- Knowledge of applicable installation and venting codes.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience including hands on training and or work is required
- Proven track record in heating and cooling systems including ability to draw simple diagrams, read blue prints and other diagrams.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Strong desires to be a better installer tomorrow than you are today.
- Outgoing personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Competitive individual contributor who also loves to win as a team
- The ideal candidate for the Lead Mechanic position will possess a High school diploma or equivalent, and 5+ years of experience
- Licensed HVAC Technician or ability to be licensed within 6 months
- Knowledge and usage of measuring and testing devices, hand and power tools
- Basic math abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.