Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
POSITION SUMMARY: Atlas Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, is looking for an Mill Crane Operator, in Birmingham Al Location, capable of learning multiple task job stations. Reporting to the Mill Supervisor, the Mill Crane Operator will ensure his/her role in production is fulfilled with a commitment to the continual improvement in uptime, product quality, and overall mill performance.
- Operate over head and Dual Trolley cranes to support operarions of tube mill
- Transfer finished bundles to warehouse locations
- Offload mill packaging line
- Scan bundles to proper warehouse locations
- Perform daily crane inspections
- Using overhead crane, remove and replace mill bases on changeovers
- Using overhead crane, remove mill scrap, band, weigh, tag and store in scrap rack
- Load scrap bundles onto trucks
- Empty mill chopped scrap hopper
- Understand and comply with verbal and/or written instructions
- Follow safe work practices, safety policies and wear required PPE: e.g. hearing, eye, hand, foot and head protection
- During housekeeping handle weights and loads beyond normal functions of a position; e.g. shoveling steel sludge, drive shafts (120 lbs.)
- Assist maintenance personnel in making repairs to equipment
- Assist other operators when required during breakdowns, bottlenecks and scheduled downtime
- Report any irregularities or malfunctions to supervisors, managers and/or maintenance
- Keep work area and/or equipment clean and in a safe working condition
- Know and follow LOTO procedures
- Train others on the Mill Crane Operator job responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate for the Mill Crane Operator opportunity will possess an Associate’s Degree and at least 2 years of equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment. Completion of military service is considered equivalent to a 2 year degree.
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions.
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time to cover 10 - 12 hour shifts
- Other physical requirements as needed for job.