Atlas Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for our facility in Blytheville, AR. This person is responsible for the safe repair and rebuild of tube mill production equipment to maximize quality, up time, rate and yield. Requires high aptitude in regards mechanical ability, troubleshooting and problem solving skills in regard to equipment operation, process conditions in order to diagnose and resolve mechanical issues.
- Maintenance of equipment in accordance with the defined safety procedures, including but not limited to LOTO procedures. Insure that all guards and safety equipment is in place and operational before turning the equipment over to the operator.
- Monitor, inspect and complete reports on equipment using manual and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Read and interpret information and specifications from blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings in order to repair equipment, machinery, physical structures and systems.
- Properly use required hand tools, power tools, hoists cranes, measuring devices and testing equipment.
- Initiate troubleshooting techniques to solve quality, process and mechanical problems.
- Properly identify problems and potential problem areas with consistency and reliability. Seek supervisor for assistance where needed.
- Perform all required mechanical tasks associated with breakdown maintenance, preventive maintenance and changeovers on production equipment.
- Ensure all work areas are inspection and audit ready after the completion of each mechanical task.
- Motivates and guides co-workers.
- Reports all safety, quality, operational or output issues that require additional assistance or leadership.
- Other mechanic related duties as assigned.
- Journeyman mechanic card and four years of industrial mechanical experience OR an associate’s degree and six years of mechanical experience
- Ability to communicate in English, use measuring and testing devices, hand and power tools and basic math calculations
- Mechanical aptitude necessary for fulfillment of job requirements
- Must be able to interface with computers and efficient at problem solving.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.