POSITION SUMMARY: Atlas Tube Birmingham, a division of Zekelman Industries, is looking for an Tooling Set up capable of learning multiple task job stations. Reporting to the Mill Supervisor, the Tooling set-up will ensure his/her role in production is fulfilled with a commitment to the continual improvement in uptime, product quality, and overall mill performance.
- How to inspect tooling for damage and/or wear & report findings
- How to work from rolling schedules and/or tooling coordinators instructions to ensure that proper rolls and production tooling are set up for upcoming size changes
- How to grease /lubricate roll train before sending to the mill
- How to inspect and wash rolls/spacers/chock assemblies/shafts as they come out of the mill
- How to inspect inductors & impeders for damage -replace as required
- How to check for bad bearings-replace as necessary
- How to store rolls properly
- How to perform daily lift truck inspections and report any defects or irregularities
- How to maintain up-to-date root diameter information on roll train
- How to maintain area
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate for the Tooling Set Up opportunity will possess an Associate’s Degree and at least 2 years of equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment. Completion of military service is considered equivalent to a 2 year degree.
- Tube mill manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to follow written/verbal instructions; basic computer skills; able to read measuring devices/equipment, and basic math skills
- Exhibits effective listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Visual acuity to read and record numerical data
- Attention to detail, dependability, professionalism and a great work ethic
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk, use hands, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push, pull, and able to lift 50 lbs
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.