Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Wheatland Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries!
Wheatland Tube located in Warren, OH has a full-time Maintenance Electrical Tech position available. This is a great opportunity for candidates who have industrial maintenance and troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing/light industrial setting.
- Promote and enforce a safe, healthy work environment and work practices in accordance with OSHA and Company safety policies and procedures such as LOTO & Arc Flash.
- Perform reactive, preventive, and predictive maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment. Identify necessary parts and materials per specifications. Perform periodic testing of equipment.
- Diagnose and communicate root causes of electrical malfunctions and develop corrective actions.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical components such as relays, switches, motors, and position sensing devices using proper tools, procedures and documetation.
- Understand and troubleshoot machine network infrastructure and PLC systems.
- Work with medium and low voltage (480-24 Volts) equipment, power distribution systems, instrumentation systems, and equipment controls.
- Display a positive attitude towards your work and maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Read, understand, and complete work orders and other paperwork related to your duties.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Degree, Diploma, or documented training in an electrical field from accredited college or trade school required.
- Minimum 5 years direct work experience in electrical maintenance in a manufacturing plant including PLC, VFD’s, DC Drives, and Induction heating units preferred
- Experience troubleshooting Allen Bradley programmable Logic Controllers, and HMI devices preferred. Prior experience with ladder logic and editing a plus.
- Prior tube and/or heavy manufacturing experience preferred.