Atlas Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks an Accounts Payable Clerk for our facilty in Chicago, IL. Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for maintaining and controling receiving and processing of invoices and related freight invoices pertaining to the Atlas Tube Division of Zekelman Industries.
- Receive and match packing slips to invoices daily
- Input invoices into SAP, verifying PO and receiving matches invoice, scan into IMS for storage
- Ensure invoices for services on framework POs are properly approved prior to payment
- Follow up with purchasing on any discrepancies (pricing, qty, etc) or stockroom for missing packing slips
- Manage blocked items regularly to ensure they are unblocked for timely payment
- Co-manage daily ACH payment runs, weekly cheque payment runs, adhoc cheque payments for all companies and currencies
- Ensure all tax payments are issued timely in accordance to schedule provided by Tax Group
- Verify that payment information is assigned to all invoices in IMS after payments are posted in SAP
- Review weekly all GRIR accounts under responsibility to manage older items
- Manage open issues list and weekly report of open purchase orders without goods receipts to facilitate creation of AP accrual each month end
- Manage manual AP accrual each month end for all items not processed, by company, by currency with all required support for audit purposes
- Review weekly all cost centre assignments in specific ledger sequences, have items corrected as required for month end reporting purposes
- Reconcile all AP subledgers to GL, manage download of all subledgers in all required formats for audit purposes, process account reconciliations through Blackline tool for approval
- Manage Outstanding Cheque Register regularly to ensure no stale dated cheques
- Monitor subledgers for items over due to ensure payments are processed in timely manner
- Manage lease reconciliations for all locations under responsibility
- Manage process to issue payments on quarterly customer rebates
- Maintain tracking files for all utilities by location and meter for budgeting and annual governmental reporting purposes
- Support all audits as required for necessary support for non-steel AP related items
- Support all IT productivity improvements by conducting SAP testing and providing feedback and risk assessment/solutions
- Maintain detailed procedures/work instructions for all tasks under responsibility
- Back up to counterpart in Steel AP to cover vacations and absences as required
- Post-Secondary Diploma (minimum 2 year) with focus in Accounting/Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in high volume AP role, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Professional communication skills for problem solving with peers and management of all levels
- Experience with handling multiple companies and various currencies
- Intermediate to Advanced level skills in MS Excel, SAP experience is an asset
- Well organized, detailed orientated, ability to handle all tasks with sense of urgency
- Skilled at multi-tasking and able to coordinate a variety of tasks with varying degrees of complexity
- Overtime is minimal however could be required at certain times (ie: month end, yearend, etc)
- Legally eligible for employment in Canada
- Potentially some occasional travel – must be able to travel to the US if required
Zekelman offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman and of our customers.