Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Weld Supervisor for our location in Killeen, TX. Reporting to the Shop Foreman, this person will be responsible for scheduling production activities and maintaining inventory to increase production and quality.
- Sets weld maintenance schedules and equipment tolerances to ensure a safe operating environment.
- Oversee staff, hiring, discipline and safety issues for the welding department.
- Welds commonly used metals and alloys of various shapes, sizes, and thicknesses.
- Selects welding electrodes for specific welds.
- Fabricates or repairs products according to blueprints, layouts, or work orders by welding metal components together.
- Possesses a working knowledge of welding materials and equipment.
- Estimates material and labor needed and ensures projects are completed according to work orders.
- Mentors subordinate team members.
- Works in a safe manner
- Other duties as instructed by his supervisor
The ideal candidate for this role will have a high school diploma, welding certification, and at least five years of previous experience leading a welding team.
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time to cover 10 - 12 hour shifts
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.