Zekelman Industries is searching for a Maintenance Technician at our Atlas Tube plant in Plymouth, MI.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose and repair various equipment such as production, testing equipment, conveyors, press equipment hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems
- Fabricating, welding, torching
- Rebuild tools, gearboxes, spindles
- Read and interpret mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical diagrams
- Read and interpret measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers
- Operate powered industrial trucks
- Operate man lifts
- Operate overhead cranes and portable cranes
- Familiar with PLC functions and basic troubleshooting
- Work with team members to correct quality problems as well as continuous improvement projects
- Complies with the OSHA Safety Standards: Hazard Communication; Lockout; Permit Required Powered Industrial Trucks; P.P.E. and Ergonomics
- Other duties as assigned by manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Able to follow and execute written work instructions
- Work with high degree of accuracy
- To continuously be engaged with surroundings and aware of proper equipment operations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Maintenance Tech role in a manufacturing plant
Earn up to $30 per hour as a maintenance tech with excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers. We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.