Wheatland Tube located in Warren, OH has a full-time Maintenance Mechanical Tech position available. This is a great opportunity for candidates who have mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing/light industrial setting.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on hydraulic systems, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Performs welding repairs when needed.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Has working knowledge of plant electrical systems and PLC knowledge
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Mechanical Maintenance from accredited school perferred.
- Minimum 5 years direct work experience in mechanical maintenance in a manufacturing plant
- Prior tube manufacturing experience preferred.
To apply: Visit http://www.zekelman.com/careers
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits after completion of a 520 hour probationary period. Tuition assistance towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s is also available after one year of service.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.