Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Production Foreman for our location in Killeen, TX. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this person will supervise the shift production crew and coordinate with the Shipping, Quality, Production Planning, Cutting, and Maintenance departments.
- Supervise mill production to ensure that production and quality standards are achieved
- Provide technical expertise and training to all mill manufacturing areas
- Perform critical mill production positions
- Work safely following workplace safety practices set forth by Z-Modular & OSHA
- Review daily operating reports and report operational, manufacturing, and maintenance issues and shift events to superiors to prevent operational delays
- Troubleshoot operational and tooling problems to improve quality and efficiency
- Build and maintain a positive team oriented environment amongst production personnel
- Evaluate employee performance objectively based upon the job requirements and behavioral indicators of performance
- Discipline mill personnel in coordination with plant management and Human Resources
- Obtain immediate medical treatment for all injuries
- Notify appropriate management and enter required events (accidents, injuries, incidents) into Intelex
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree, Technical Diploma or equivalent tube mill manufacturing experience required
- At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing facility
- Ability to demonstrate thorough understanding of manufacturing process. Detailed knowledge of the relationship between work centers and how variables at each work center affect other areas.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft office package including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience in Shop Floor interfaces such as MES as well as ERP usage such as SAP or Oracle based platforms
- Proven leadership skills
- Top-notch communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time to cover 10 - 12 hour shifts
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.