Z Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Plant Manager to run all aspects of the manufacturing functions at our plant in Cambridge, ON. This seasoned manager will be responsible for the planning, management, monitoring and control of overall plant operations to meet the Company's financial objectives.
- Plan, manage, monitor, and control overall plant operations to meet the company’s financial objectives including, but not limited to continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, safety, productivity, quality, and other cost savings initiatives
- Lead, promote, and enforce health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Provide organizational direction consistent with corporate goals, objectives, and vision to all departments within the Cambridge, ON Plant
- Review daily operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance issues to ensure minimal expenditures and prevent operational delays
- Build teams and collaborate with cross-functional groups (HR, Safety, Finance, Sales etc.) to resolve day-to-day issues, while providing strategic support to accomplish continuous improvement
- Ensure that pertinent information is clearly and accurately communicated to all affected Z Modular departments in a timely fashion
- Delegate work to appropriate personnel and provide accurate and complete instructions for all completion of such work
- Other duties as assignment by management.
The ideal candidate for the Plant Manager position will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Engineering and at least 10 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing leadership role. Knowledge of construction manufacturing is essential.
- Proven track record of driving operational and cultural change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision making, problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite and SAP
- Flexibility to work in an industrial environment
- Legally eligible to work in the United States