Z Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Construction Project Manager to oversee the construction of our projects. Reporting to Vice President of Operations, the Project Manager is responsible for the coordination of construction activities within the modular scope, as well as ensuring frequent progress communication with clients. The Project Manager plans, directs and coordinates all activities concerned with the fabrication, erection and final turnover of our Z Modular projects.
- Manage Project Superintendents, Project Coordinators and other project staff
- Oversee the organization, scheduling, budgeting and implementation of the project
- Negotiate with prospective subcontractors and vendors, prepare and track change orders, assist in design and preparation of specification, and organize other information to insure the projects ultimate success.
- Prepare schedule of values
- Prepare a project plan for approval by management
- Prepare and update project schedules with input from project staff and, if required, assistance from the Scheduling Department
- Negotiate change orders with client, architects and engineers
- Complete all required reports
- Assist with preparation of all Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, requisitions, proposals, etc.
- Approve payment of invoices received from vendors and subcontractors
- Ensure that all on-site activities are carried out in strict accordance with Company and Government safety regulations
- Attend Design/Engineering and AOC meetings.
- Conduct project management calls with Z Modular personnel.
- Other duties as assignment by management.
Specific qualifications for the Project Manager role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Science preferred
- Must have a minimum of five years of commercial construction experience
- Ability to travel to Z Modular production and project site locations within the US, minimum of twice/month up to once/week as needed
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction manufacturing environment where upfront planning is pivotal to the success of our projects
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.