The Sr. Applications Analyst, Production and Inventory Planning, collaborates with technical and business resources to improve the supply chain systems (SAP APO & ECC) across the Zekelman Industries businesses, supports end users through the entire integration process and supports the resolution of daily user, system and process issues. The position is responsible for identifying improvements to the planning processes and implementing solutions that lead to optimized inventory and improved customer service metrics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for working with Key users to configure, enhances the current and future state of APO, ECC and other Supply Chain systems
- Analyzes day to day user, system and process related issues and propose solutions and fixes.
- Picks up new skills and adapts to the changing system and business environments
- Understands scope and manages assigned projects, with responsibility for the quality and timeliness of project deliverables
- Develops functional application designs and specifications, individually or collaboratively
- Works as a member of cross-functional teams and adds value by providing a technical perspective
- Configures and supports SAP APO PP/DS and ECC PP and PP-PI modules to meet business needs.
- Unit tests applications, including customizations and interfaces
- Guides users during testing activities and applications start-up activities
- Facilitates the process of change by clarifying new procedures and training system users.
- Plans and establishes after go-live activities including on-going application support.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems or equivalent. MBA a plus.
- Must be strong in Supply planning concepts, Production Planning and overall supply chain processes from requirements planning to fulfilment of both make to stock and make to order scenarios.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in SAP APO PP/DS, as well as ECC Production Planning, in implementation and support roles
- Knowledge and experience in APO SNP Heuristics, Deployment, TLB and Demand is a plus.
- At least 2 years’ experience in project management and 2 full cycle implementations of Production Planning project in a Senior role. Consulting experience in Supply Chain planning space is a plus
- Knowledge of configurable products in sales and production planning environments are desirable
- SAP certification a plus.
- Business process reengineering skills are required.
- Should be able to multitask working on projects as well as supporting the production environment simultaneously.
- Requires good written and oral communication skills, good interpersonal skills, flexible and adoptable to changing environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.