Wheatland Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, is seeking a Maintenance Foreman for our facility located in Warren, OH. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Foreman will supervise and direct the day-to-day activities of maintenance staff through scheduling, planning and coaching. A successful candidate will develop, implement and administer maintenance programs ensuring compliance with plant policies and procedures as well as all state, local and federal laws and guidelines. This is a great opportunity for an experienced maintenance supervisor to use their knowledge and leadership ability to drive maintenance performance to the next level.
- Drives high standards of workmanship and leads the team by providing guidance and technical expertise.
- Ensures that all work performed is done in accordance to established safety, quality, regulations as well as the company’s values and philosophies.
- Attends to the quick resolution of equipment failures to maintain up-time.
- Evaluates and communicates the status of equipment, systems, installations, and facilities.
- Monitors and reports the performance and effectiveness of the team.
- Ensures that all preventative, predictive and maintenance practices are geared towards reduction of downtime, through improved reliability while effectively reducing overall costs
- Works with management to research and develop methods and equipment to enhance and improve plant equipment, facilities, and processes.
- Co-ordinates maintenance activities with Operations departments.
- Works with Purchasing department to obtain materials and labor as needed.
- Assists with recruitment, performance evaluations, goal setting and employee discipline, as required.
- Minimum of five years Mechanical/Electrical supervisory trades experience in heavy industry.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, motivational and communications skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate, multi tasks and set and achieve goals.
- Effective time management, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations, scheduling and maintenance management systems.
- Ability to understand and supervise complex maintenance & repair tasks.
- Skilled in reading physical blue prints as well as CAD drawings.
- General Computer Literacy required (MS Office programs).
- Must be willing to work irregular hours and weekends as needed.
- SAP (or other CMMS) experience is helpful.
- Heavy equipment, machine shop, or facilities maintenance experience helpful.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.