Zekelman Industries, Inc. seeks a Talent Acquisition Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this person will be responsible for the recruitment and selection of hourly, non-exempt and exempt positions throughout the organization, as well as various HR Generalist activities. This customer-service oriented individual will travel to Zekelman plants to ensure that talent acquisition policies and procedures are followed, and hourly staffing needs are met.
Major Job Accountabilities
- Recruit and interview for open positions (hourly and salaried) for all Zekelman Industries, Inc. locations throughout the US and Canada, using a variety of sources.
- Provide high quality service to our internal customers: the hiring managers.
- Ensure that the approved talent acquisition protocol is followed throughout the organization.
- Create and continually assess the recruiting strategies for industry-related positions.
- Manage the process of selection and placement of qualified candidates.
- Manage social media recruiting.
- Coach HR Managers, as well as field managers on hiring trends and recruiting tools.
- Review and write all recruitment ads for job boards, newspapers, etc.
- Serve as contact to Hiring Managers in filling open positions.
- Conduct reference checks, background checks and ensure pre-employment appointments are completed in a timely manner.
- Enhance diversity and military recruiting efforts via community outreach, relevant job fairs and networking.
- Screen resumes (file), interview, coordinate 2nd/3rd interviews with Hiring Managers/Directors and VP's.
- Update weekly recruiting reports/metrics: Track and reduce “cost to fill” and ”time to fill” metrics
- Work with local HR team to coordinate new hire onboarding
- Work with HR Managers to identify areas of improvement to ensure the delivery of a high quality of service to client base.
- Complete various HR Generalist/HR administration duties
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
The ideal candidate for the Talent Acquisition Specialist role will possess a Bachelor’s Degree and at least five years of previous manufacturing recruitment experience. Previous experience working in a high-volume staffing agency is ideal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to travel throughout the United States and Canada frequently
- Previous experience with an Applicant Tracking System.
- Proven track record as a results-oriented recruiter.
- Expert negotiator
- Must work comfortably with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing searches for various locations throughout the US.
- Knowledge of recruiting in Canada helpful.
- Must have experience recruiting both professional and operations positions.
- Knowledge of employment law, corporate recruitment processes, recruitment strategies are necessary.