Western Tube Corporation, a division of Zekelman Industries, Inc., is seeking a Maintenance Foreman for our facility located in Long Beach, CA. The Maintenance Foreman will supervise and direct the day-to-day activities of maintenance staff through scheduling, planning and coaching. A successful candidate will develop, implement and administer maintenance programs while ensuring compliance with safety, quality, trade, management procedures and protocols, plant standards as well as all provincial and federal laws and guidelines. This is a great opportunity for someone who is a strong supervisor to come in and be able to make a big impact in the department.
- Ensures that all work performed is done so in accordance to established safety, quality, legal standards and regulations and the values and company philosophies
- Schedules short and long range maintenance work by evaluating status of equipment, systems, installations, and facilities and planning for replacement, repair, preventative maintenance and cleaning
- Monitors performance and team effectiveness. Communicates expected standards and methods and leads team by providing guidance and technical expertise
- Co-ordinates maintenance activities with Operations departments
- Orders materials and supplies and tracks overall expenditures
- Works with Purchasing department to expedite materials and labor
- Provides input towards budget development
- Works with Project Manager to assist with research and development of methods and equipment to enhance/improve facilities/process
- Attends to the quick resolution of equipment failures to maintain up-time
- Ensures that all preventative, predictive and maintenance practices are geared towards reduction of downtime and increase of uptime, while effectively reducing overall costs
- Assists with recruitment, performance evaluations, goal setting and employee discipline, as required.
- Minimum of five years Mechanical/Electrical supervisory trades experience in heavy industry
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, organizational & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical, motivational and communications skills
- Ability to co-ordinate, multi tasks and set and achieve goals
- Effective time management, judgment and trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Ability to understand complex maintenance issues
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations, scheduling and maintenance management systems
- Ability to supervise complex maintenance & repair tasks
- Skilled in reading blue prints
- Valid trades certification (Millwright; Electrician)
- Computer Literacy (MS Office programs)
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions.
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time to cover 10 - 12 hour shifts
- Other physical requirements as needed for job.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.