Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Wheatland Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, is seeking a Laboratory Manager for our facility located in Wheatland, PA. Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, the Lab Manager will be responsible for ensuring coordination of all lab related activities.
- Plan and Schedule the work for the Lab Techs
- Monitor daily process control report and make adjustments as required to the processes
- Schedule and monitor the Tensile Management program to ensure ASTM requirements for sampling, testing and ultimately the product requirements are met
- Advise and assist all Corporate and Division Lab projects + testing as needed
- Advise and assist all Corporate OSHA industrial hygiene testing and reports as needed
- Work with the safety department to /maintain Council Ave SDS program
- Maintain operation and certification of all Laboratory equipment.
- Order all Lab Chemical’s and Misc Supplies.
- Maintain and operate confined space equipment and crane monitors for plant safety programs.
- Coordinate special projects directed from Director of Technical services.
- Coordinate testing of customer product claims and customer sample requests.
- Coordinate testing of incoming raw material product.
- Monitor and report to Environemental Dept the DEP permit requirements for plant-wide paint and VOC consumption.
- Coordinate 3rd party audits of product and order labels for these product listings/certifcations
- Maintain Laboratory procedures and training to meet ISO 9001:2015 requirements
- Maintain Logs on Paint / VOC’s / Raw Acid / B10 usage and order galv shop chemicals
- Participate in continuous improvement and yield projects
- Support the quality objectives of the plant
- Minimum of Associate’s with Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in a lab environment
- A strong team player is necessary with the ability to coordinate efforts of many individuals internal and external to the organization
- Sound decision-making ability, computational, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite
- Supervisory experience required
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.