Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Zekelman Industries is searching for a Design Manager for our ZModular division.
This position is located in Kitchener, ON.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting: Work closely with Design Director to organize design production team
- Meetings: Participate in weekly meetings: Project team, Details, Coordination, Staff & Production
- Manager: Weekly coordination with Project Team Leaders to manage project teams
- Training: Assisting in onboarding training and mentoring for new designers and PMs
- Staffing: Assign and delegate to project team, tasks to best-fit designers and their disciplines
- Schedule: Prepare and administer Project Schedules and Matrix in coordination with PMs
- Contracts: Develop and coordinate SIs, Cos, RFIs with PMs
- Optimization: Structural steel modular optimization design and rationalization
- Design: Assist PM and Coordinator in liason with design team and clients
- Automation: Assist in R&D for Automation Processes – robotics and parametrics
- Doc Control: Design and oversee Document Control processes from design to fabrication
- Cloud storage: System Administrator for Dropbox, Sharepoint, PDM and BIM360
- SOP: Create and manage on-going standard operation procedures for team
- Presentation: Assist in presenations to new owners and design teams, including travel
- Design Eng: Travel to plants to review module fabrication meets details and code
- HR: Assist in review and interview of potential employees
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience: 10 years in construction/architectural design
- Degree: University education in related field
- Solidworks: Minimum 8 years, with Advanced and certified SolidWorks professional
- Software: 3D modelling in AutoCAD, Revit, and MS Project experience preferred
- Management: Experience managing both teams and projects
- Communication: Managing information flow between owners, design team & in-house teams
- Detailing: Advanced expertise in steel and building details
- Construction: Knowledge of contract management and administration
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.