Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries.
Z Modular, a division on Zekelman Industries is looking for a Structural Engineer with experience in steel design for residential buildings. This position is initially to work with external Architects and Engineers to describe and develop Z Modular structural details. The future is to develop a sustainable in-house engineering team to undertake the desing for design-build projects. The candidate must be skilled with design documents and the coordination of building systems. The ideal candidate will have an interest in modular construction, automated fabrication systems, parametric design software, and developing alternative approaches to the design and construction industry. This position requires the candidate to be a creative problem solver with great people skills; and to possess design and building science skills with a superior attention to detail.
Must-have Qualifications & Skills:
- 5-10 years in Structural Engineering design with steel and welding
- Bachelor of Engineering (Structural)
- Eng. (PEO), ability to stamp projects in near future
- Expertise with the OBC and other regulatory documents
- Expertise with structural analysis program: RISA-3D, ETAB, SAP2000
- Work schedules (MS Project) and project budgets (Excel)
- Liaison with Client, Design team, Contractors and Fabricators
- Advanced understanding of Revit and BIM360
- Experience producing construction drawings, shop drawings & details
- Knowledge of contract management and administration
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Office Director and other design offices to develop structural design standards
- Work with Office Director to develop internal design procedures
- Sales support Work with Office Director and Sales to analyze potential projects
- Work with Office Director to describe the Z Modular system to potential clients
- Work with PM on project budget and design/production schedule
- Delegate tasks to design team, assist Design Manager in resourcing projects
- Work with Owner & Design Team to develop Z Modular building designs
- Weekly meetings: Project, Details, Coordination, Staff & Production
- Development of new modular details for current projects
- Review code for design compliance
- Review design details with team and flag questions, conflicts or inconsistencies
- Oversee and draw design packages including Permit & Shop Drawings
- Work with Director and Plant Manager to identify weekly production needs
- Assist in the review and interview of potential employees
- Assisting in onboarding training and mentoring for new designers and PMs
- Eng Manufacturing review and resolving detailing in the shop
- Assist in R&D for Automation Processes – robotics and parametrics
- Potential travel in CAN/US to meet clients or visit other plants
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.