Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
We are looking for an experienced Director of Finance to oversee all financial aspects of business and drive the company’s financial strategy, reporting and planning. This role will be working out of our Chicago, IL office. You will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments.
A director of finance is a reliable professional with broad knowledge to all accounting, financial and business principles. The successful candidate will be strategic thinkers and effective leader who can help make the most profitable decisions.
The goal is to help guide the company towards improved profitability and long-term success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze individual contract and project profitability
- Develop KPI’s to assist business leaders
- Implement and oversee an open contract and project cost tracking process while actively participating in a project forecast review process and providing guidance to Senior Management
- Forecast and Analyze unapplied contract related costs
- Track and analyze general and administrative expenses
- Oversee financing related expenses and investment income
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and identifying risks
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (management accountants, internal auditors etc.)
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- In conjunction with parent company CFO, Develop the corporate fundraising strategy and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance / KPI’s on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to senior management.
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Manage the third-party relationship for company owned real estate property. Ensure governance, controls, reporting, and metrics are effective and accurate
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proven experience as director of finance or similar role
- Previous finance experience in construction management and cost accounting - Highly Preffered
- Ability to function in a start-up role, building process and systems while working in some ambiguity
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- In depth knowledge of percentage of completion accounting
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- Experience in managing a team of employees at various sites
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field; MBA/MS/MA is a plus
- CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.