Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
POSITION SUMMARY: Atlas Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, is looking for an Cut Off Operator, capable of learning multiple task job stations. Reporting to the Production/Warehouse Manager, the Cut Off Operator will ensure his/her role in production is fulfilled with a commitment to the continual improvement in uptime, product quality, and overall mill performance.
- Work safely following Haz Com & workplace safety practices set forth by Atlas Tube Inc policy & OSHA
- Receive verbal and /or written instructions from team leader /mill manager
- Work from rolling schedules to ensure that proper size, gauge, and length material is being processed
- Perform quality checks on size, wall, length and flash removal to ensure that the mill is producing product that is within specification - provide feedback to mill operator
- Perform crush tests of weld to confirm weld integrity
- Check and adjust turkshead rolls as required to ensure that straightness tolerances are maintained
- Assist in the performance of mill change over; Set up traveling cutoff saw for each size
- Change saw blades and dies; adjust guide rolls as required
- Set up and check Canada Stamp; replace as required, use Hilti gun as required
- Set up and operate Willet marking system
- Cut pull tests as for each new heat
- Fill out all operating reports and quality reports as required
- Clean slugs from saw house, under exit conveyor and in handling area
- Assist maintenance personnel in making repairs to equipment
- Assist other operators in the facility when required during breakdowns, bottlenecks, and scheduled downtime
- Report any irregularities or malfunctions to managers and/or maintenance
- Keep work area and/or equipment clean and in a safe condition
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate for the Cut Off Operator opportunity will possess an Associate’s Degree and at least 2 years of equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment. Completion of military service is considered equivalent to a 2 year degree.
- Tube mill manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to follow written/verbal instructions; basic computer skills; able to read measuring devices/equipment, and basic math skills
- Exhibits effective listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Visual acuity to read and record numerical data
- Attention to detail, dependability, professionalism and a great work ethic
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk, use hands, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push, pull, and able to lift 50 lbs
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.