Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Zekelman Industries is searching for a Mateline Superintendent for the ZModular division. This person will be responsible for oversight of site related activities as well as coordination with the general contractor and site subcontractors.The Mateline Superintendent will report to the Site Superintendent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe, advise and coordinate modular construction projects at a Z Modular production facility and follow project to site.
- Direct and oversee all modular site related activities source, qualify and engage material vendors to deliver projects on time and under budget.
- Work closely with project manager, production manager and general contractor to ensure project is completed to specifications and QA/QC standards.
- Provide feedback to project manager regarding any changes, concerns, and updates throughout the project.
- Review the work progress on a daily basis and provide daily reports
- Maintain completion schedules. Alter and expedite as needed to turn modules over as required.
- Analyze and manage emerging problems to manage and mitigate risks.
- This position will require travel up to 85% of the time as particular projects require.
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum of 10+ years in commercial construction
- Modular industry experience preferred
- Ability to properly manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to demonstrate and convey a thorough understanding of the entire development process.
- Possess verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with clients, contractors and plant personnel.
- Strong leadership and follow-up skills, with a “hands on” approach to completing all projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Team management experience. This position requires detailed know how of finishes and the ability to delegate quick completion of interiors to punch out team.
- Possess extensive knowledge of construction codes and processes
- Driving is an essential function of the position.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.