Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Z Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, is seeking a Site Superintendent. This position reports to the Director of Operations. We are looking for a deadline-driven Site Superintendent to oversee our construction project and to act as the link between various project parties. The Site Superintendent will lead and manage the on-site construction team and oversee all work on site. The Site Superintendent will be responsible for orderliness on site and ensure compliance with safety regulations. This candidate will ensure quality standards are met, and all equipment and materials are always available. To ensure success, projects should be completed on time and within budget. Never compromise on quality. Top candidates will be strong leaders, pro-active and perform well under pressure.
- Complete management and monitoring of all items and subcontractors site related – both internal, municipal and third party.
- Leading and managing the on-site construction team.
- Full scheduling of all vertical and horizontal subcontractors and corresponding discipline schedules.
- Collaboration between subcontractors and corresponding schedules.
- Coordinating and overseeing all work on site.
- Attending production meetings.
- Reviewing and becoming familiar with the schedule and budget and ensuring adherence to these.
- Weekly schedule updates.
- Ensuring quality standards are met.
- Placing orders for materials and being responsible for equipment and materials on site.
- Following the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
- Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness.
- Maintaining records for site personnel such as daily field reports, field orders and RFIs.
- Liaising with inspection authorities regarding approvals.
- Collaboration with project specific peers – Project Manager, Project Engineer, General Superintendent, etc.
Construction Superintendent Requirements:
- 10+ years experience as a Construction Superintendent.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Proficient with scheduling software, and CAE and CAD applications.
- Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications and other documents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Collaborative attitude and teamwork personality.
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Must be able to move objects and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Driving is an essential function of the position.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and managem