Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries.
Z Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Project Manager to oversee the construction of our modular units. Reporting to Director of Construction, the Project Manager is responsible for the coordination of construction activities within the modular scope, as well as ensuring frequent progress communication with customers. The Project Manager plans, directs, or coordinates, usually through supervisory personnel, all activities concerned with the fabrication and maintenance of Z Modular products.
- Manage Project Engineers, Assistant Project Managers and other project staff as a part of the Project Team.
- Oversee the organization, scheduling, budgeting and implementation of the project in Collaboration with Plant Manager and Plant Production Manager.
- During Pre-Construction period, assist in design and preparation of specification, collaborate with Pre-Construction team, and maintain seamless hand – off between teams.
- Prepare schedule of values
- Prepare a project plan for approval by management
- Prepare and update project schedules with input from project staff and, if required, assistance from the Scheduling Department
- Negotiate change orders with client, architects and engineers
- Complete all required reports
- Assistance and preparation of all subcontracts, purchase orders, requisitions, proposals, etc.
- Approve payment of invoices received from vendors and subcontractors
- Prepare and help with preparation of set and site activities, to include ship loose materials, site schedules, site subcontracts, staffing plans, mate line and site scope activities and schedules and closeout/turnover.
- Ensure that all on-site activities are carried out in strict accordance with Company and Government safety regulations
- Attend, in-person and via call in, required OAC and site meetings.
- Other duties as assignment by management.
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Specific qualifications for the Project Manager role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Science or related field preferred.
- Must have a minimum of (10) years of commercial construction experience.
- Ability to travel to site locations within the US, minimum of once/month up to once/week
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects and Procore
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a manufacturing construction environment utilizing degree in respective discipline
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role.
- Driving is an essential function of the position.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.