Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Western Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, is seeking a Maintenance Electrician for our facility located in Long Beach, CA.The Maintenance Electrician answers to the Maintenance Foreman. The general purpose of the job is facilities & Machinery repair, installation and maintenance. He writes reports on job status regularly.
Duties and tasks
- Performs maintenance electrical service and repairs, modifies and installs production process equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs all the facility equipment to a complete production satisfaction to maintain product quality and workers safety, performs mechanical repairs and a variety of complicated tasks.
- Using catalogs and vendor contact, he researches and requisitions parts and supplies.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 Lbs., occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 Lbs.
- Frequently works in a high noise level, near High Voltage and moving machinery.
- Work inside & outside weather conditions; and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or oily
- conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Interface with Mechanics and production operators, Production Foreman, Engineer or any other persons involved during equipment PM or repairs.
- Occasionally interfaces with vendors and service technicians of equipment manufacturers
- Able to read and understand Electrical & Mechanical Drawings (such as Engineer’s project, Engineer’s notes, Work Order from Maintenance & production Foreman).
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to perform mechanical tasks.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Certified fork lift driver.
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.