Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries.
Western Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a temporary Material Handlers for our location in Long Beach, CA. Reporting to the Lead Material Handler, this position will perform various duties related to inventory management and delivery to the production line.
- Move material from the warehouse to a Mill, from a Machine to a Mill or as second operation to a machine and as finish product to the warehouse or to move supplies to a machine.
- Move material by using a Forklift or a Crane.
- Clean sharp tails and wrappings from coils
- Relieve Mill workers during breaks
- Use a standard Forklift, a Coil Forklift with a Ram or a Crane with a Coil Hook.
- Weld, be it M.I.G. or Oxyacetylene, paint the ends of tubing, empty scrap bins,
- Weigh scrap and report this accordingly
- Assemble bundles and master bundles
- Move boxes of finish product and exchange for empties
- Follow all established safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Lead
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Operation of forklifts and/or other conveying machines
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, specifications, etc.
- Knowledge and usage of measuring and testing devices, hand and power tools
- Basic math abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- Uncompromising commitment to safety
- Weld as needed with either an oxyacetylene or M.I.G. Welder. Use precision measuring tools and use common hand tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time to cover 10 - 12 hour shifts
- Successful completion of a post-offer hair follicle drug test, physical and background check
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.