Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Zekelman Industries is searching for a Quality Control Analyst to assist with all quality and technical activities of the Killeen, Texas Plant. This person will assist the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure implementation and maintenance of a consistent quality system throughout the Zekelman Industries organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the company’s products and the materials used in manufacturing meet the required standards.
- Test materials and finished goods to ensure that they meet production standards and reject items not meeting standards.
- Work with manufacturing companies, test laboratories, government, etc.
- Reporting sub-standard production quality to government agencies or company executives; or recommending adjustments to the production or assembly process.
- Responsible for receiving raw materials, in-process materials, and finished goods. Performing various scientific analyses to evaluate their quality and ensure compliance with established standards.
- Provide an investigative or technological orientation in designing, executing, interpreting, and validating quality procedures and test methods.
- Conduct data review to ensure completeness and accuracy of records and preliminary evaluation of results.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Requires an Associate or Bachelor’s, degree in Quality Assurance, Quality Management or related field and 5 years of experience. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification from the American Society of Quality is a plus.
- Require strong critical thinking, communication, mechanical, and computer skills; manual dexterity and physical stamina to be successful on the job.
- Possess knowledge of chemistry and math, and the ability to solve problems and monitor operations/processes.
- Undertake operations necessary for quality testing within quality control.
- Ensure that safety standards and cleanliness of the test areas are maintained.
- Provide training to other analysts to perform test procedures and assays.
- Undertake visual inspections of finished products.
- Participate in internal assessments and audits where necessary.
- Responsible for identifying and troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Conduct assessment on new technologies and methods to make recommendations regarding there usage.
- Write or document deviation reports, testing protocols, and trend analyses in a technical report.
- Write/revise standard quality control operating procedures for the organization.
- Report or conduct investigation on questionable test results.
- Responsible for calibrating, validating, or maintaining laboratory equipment and devices before usage.
- Responsible for the compilation of laboratory test data to perform appropriate analyses.
- Provide appropriate paperwork for various stages of processing monitored in compliance with specifications.
Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.