Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Z Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, Inc, seeks an Electrician for our plant. This role is responsible for performing various electrical duties throughout the plant
- Assessing the workspace and work required to ensure the work is performed in the safest manner
- Read and understand engineering drawings and specifications to assemble components or systems
- Ensure equipment is maintained electrically following all of the defined safety procedures and that everyone working on the equipment is following these procedures, including LOTO. Ensure that all guards and safety equipment is in place and operational before turning the equipment over to the operator.
- Ability to properly use required hand tools, power tools, hoists cranes, measuring devices and testing equipment.
- Initiates troubleshooting techniques to solve quality, process and electrical problems. Must be able to properly identify problem areas with consistency and reliability, if unsuccessful in making repairs, must notify supervisor for assistance.
- Responsible to ensure housekeeping is in audit ready condition after the electrical task is completed.
- Provide guidance to co-workers.
- Report any safety, quality, operational or output issues that you cannot correct to your supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate in English, use measuring and testing devices, hand and power tools and basic math calculations
- Mechanical aptitude necessary for fulfillment of job requirements
- Must be able to interface with computers and efficient at problem solving
- Must possess a current 309A or 442A ticket
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including high quality medical, dental and vision benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, and an RRSP with a generous company match.
Zekelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer compliant with all Ontario law & Human Rights Code in providing accommodation to persons with disabilities and to ensuring an accessible environment. Zekelman will accommodate persons with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and persons with disabilities will be accommodated on hiring and during employment.
Should you require accommodation, please do not hesitate to request it.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.