Coil Reciever – Manufacturing/Production
Atlas Tube offers up to $45,000 during your first year, not including overtime! World-class benefits and a $1000 signing bonus after 90 days!
Atlas Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, in Birmingham AL, is looking for a Coil Receiver for our facility located in Birmingham, AL. This person must be capable of learning multiple task job stations. Reporting to Operations Manager will ensure his/her role in the production is fulfilled with a commitment to the continual improvement in uptime, product quality, and overall mill performance.
- How to receive all master and slit coil using all required AMP functions
- How to receive all master and slit coil using all required SAP transactions
- How to reverse and repair any mistakes made in either system
- How to read steel chemistries from the bill of lading and enter into SAP when required
- How to perform quality checks on size, gauge, and width using both manual and electronic gauges
- How to input all coil receiving data into SAP and AMP
- How to communicate with the crane operator to ensure a continuous flow of transports
- How to identify and tag non-conforming coils that are or appear to be out of specification
- How to perform inventory on a random basis to ensure accurate inventory counts
- How to maintain area cleanliness at all times
- How to file receiving paperwork for proper record-keeping and research purposes
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate for the Coil Receiver opportunity will possess an Associate’s Degree and at least 2 years of equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment. Completion of military service is considered equivalent to a 2-year degree.
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Tube mill manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to follow written/verbal instructions; basic computer skills; able to read measuring devices/equipment, and basic math skills
- Exhibits effective listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Visual acuity to read and record numerical data
- Attention to detail, dependability, professionalism, and a great work ethic
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time to cover the shift.
- Bend, Twist, Stoop, Sit, Kneel, Crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions.
- Other physical requirements as needed for the job.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting, and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.