Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries.
Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Drywall/Production Worker for our location in Chandler, AZ. Reporting to the Drywall/Mud Production Lead, this position will various drywall and mud related duties throughout the plant.
- Read blueprints or other specifications to determine methods of installation, work procedures, or material or tool requirements.
- Hang drywall panels on metal frameworks of walls and ceilings
- Perform skilled or semi-skilled laboring duties related to drywall installation and mud application
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools.
- Follow all established safety procedures
- The ideal candidate for the Drywall/Mud Production Lead will possess at least a High school diploma or equivalent and 1+ years of experience.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, specifications, etc.
- Knowledge and usage of measuring devices, hand and power tools
- Basic math abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Uncompromising commitment to safety
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with other team members
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Successful completion of a post-offer hair follicle drug test, physical and background check
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.