Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries.
Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Material Handler for our location in Kitchener, ON. This position will perform receiving and stocking of various materials
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials in stock recording location of inventory.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Pick, pack and deliver the material requested by production.
- Documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units.
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and products
- Move materials to and from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and manufacturing areas
- Prepare goods for shipment by identifying their location, then pulling, packing, and loading them
- Operate forklifts, cranes, and other equipment to move materials
- Perform and report cycle counts
- Comply with all warehouse safety rules and guidelines
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections.
- Accurate and complete record keeping as required by management.
- Maintains working area in a clean and orderly condition
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1+ years’ experience operating a forklift in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic and positive team player
- Effective leadership and team management skills
- Problem-solving skills and self-motivated
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently with little guidance
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Legally Eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to move objects and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for several hours
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Must be able to stand for 10-12 hours
- Ability to perform work in a plant/manufacturing environment
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including high quality medical, dental and vision benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, and an RRSP with a generous company match.
Zekelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer compliant with all Ontario law & Human Rights Code in providing accommodation to persons with disabilities and to ensuring an accessible environment. Zekelman will accommodate persons with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and persons with disabilities will be accommodated on hiring and during employment.
Should you require accommodation, please do not hesitate to request it.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.