Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a HVAC Mechanic for our location in Kitchener, ON. This position will perform installation of new HVAC systems for all modular construction projects.
- Complete all HVAC system installations efficiently and accurately within a manufacturing plant environment.
- Maintain a clean, organized work cell and participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings, and technical vendor training.
- Initiates troubleshooting techniques to solve quality, process and HVAC problems. Must be able to properly identify problem areas with consistency and reliability, if unsuccessful in making repairs, must notify supervisor for assistance.
- Assessing the workspace and work required to ensure the work is performed in the safest manner
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure on-time, high quality installations.
- Licensed HVAC Technician or ability
- Licensed Gas Fitter Level 1
- Knowledge of applicable installation and venting codes.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience including hands on training and or work is required
- Proven track record in heating and cooling systems including ability to draw simple diagrams, read blue prints and other diagrams.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Strong desires to be a better installer tomorrow than you are today.
- Outgoing personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Competitive individual contributor who also loves to win as a team
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Legally eligible to work in the Canada
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including high quality medical, dental and vision benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, and an RRSP with a generous company match.
Zekelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer compliant with all Ontario law & Human Rights Code in providing accommodation to persons with disabilities and to ensuring an accessible environment. Zekelman will accommodate persons with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and persons with disabilities will be accommodated on hiring and during employment.
Should you require accommodation, please do not hesitate to request it.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.