Z Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Survey Manager to oversee day to day pre-planning, site collaboration, surveying, staking, as-built records and overall tolerances site to site for our proprietary systems. Reporting to Director of Operations, the Survey Manager is responsible for the constant coordination of construction activities directly affected by precision of grading, foundations, cuts/fills, and embed/structural member placement, as well as ensuring frequent progress communication the Director of Operations and Site team members. The Survey Manager plans, directs, coordinates, and aligns usually through other management personnel and 3rd party operators, all activities concerned accuracy and tolerances required with our systems and of Z-Modular acquired and owned projects. Our proprietary systems require a high degree of accuracy – maintaining this accuracy and training consultants and trades is critical to our installation.
- Collaborate with Director of Operations, Structural Engineering, Project Management and Superintendents on means, methods, tolerances, lessons learned and overall day to day activities.
- Manage and Collaborate with outside consultants, subcontractors and vendors.
- Monitor site performance relating to Civil/Surveying.
- Collaborative reviews of progress and final sets of grading and drainage, arch site plans, utility plans and over Civil Documents. Reviews both during design and prior to issuance of Bid/Permit sets.
- Manage efforts towards maximizing efficiency and logical implementation methods. Put forth lessons learned and communicate action plans site to site to ensure alignment.
- Create, Manage and Distribute reporting as needed and required.
- Monitor accuracy site to site – adjust procedural needs as required.
- Title Report Interpretation and alignment with opinion of Civil Consultants.
- Environmental and Geotech Report Interpretation and alignment with Civil, Structural and Land Use consultants.
- Provide guidance and direction to 3rd party consultant field crews and surveying technicians.
- Communicate resource, process, means and methods and consultant/trade shortfalls in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assignment by management.
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Specific qualifications for the Survey Manager role include:
- 8+ years of residential/commercial surveying and civil experience.
- Supervisory experience 1-3 years
- S. Surveying or equal
- Commercial Land Surveying License
- Construction Stake-Out Experience
- Grading/Design analysis
- Ability to travel to site locations within the US, minimum of once/month up to once/week
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects and Procore
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit!
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Do you want to build smart, clean, and sustainable communities, support domestic manufacturing, and gain meaningful employment? Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Let’s make it EZ:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits – medical, vision, dental
- Work from home policy for eligible employees
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with generous company match and immediate vesting
- Annual bonus/ incentive programs
- Tuition reimbursement
Zekelman Industries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.