Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Atlas Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, is seeking a Mechanic for our facility located in Chicago, IL. Mechanic role, reporting to the shift supervisor, is responsible for the safe repair and rebuild of tube mill production equipment to maximize quality, up time, rate and yield. Requires high aptitude in regards mechanical ability, troubleshooting and problem solving skills in regard to equipment operation, process conditions in order to diagnose and resolve mechanical issues.
- Ensure equipment is maintained mechanically following all of the defined safety procedures and that everyone working on the equipment is following these procedures, including LOTO. Ensure that all guards and safety equipment is in place and operational before turning the equipment over to the operator.
- Responsible to monitor, inspect and complete reports on equipment using manual and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Read and interpret information and specifications from blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings in order to repair equipment, machinery, physical structures and systems.
- Ability to properly use required hand tools, power tools, hoists cranes, measuring devices and testing equipment.
- Initiates troubleshooting techniques to solve quality, process and mechanical problems. Must be able to properly identify problem areas with consistency and reliability, if unsuccessful in making repairs, must notify supervisor for assistance.
- Perform all required mechanical tasks associated with breakdown maintenance, preventive maintenance and changeovers on production equipment.
- Responsible to insure housekeeping is in audit ready condition after the mechanical task is completed.
- Provides guidance co-workers.
- Report any safety, quality, operational or output issues that you cannot correct to your supervisor
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to communicate in English, use measuring and testing devices, hand and power tools and basic math calculations
- Mechanical aptitude necessary for fulfillment of job requirements
- Must be able to interface with computers and efficient at problem solving
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Manufacturing/ Industrial work environment
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.