Wheatland Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, Inc., seeks an Inside Sales Representative based at our location in Wheatland, PA. Reporting to the Inside Sales Manager, the Inside Sales Rep will work with customers and our internal sales team, handling all aspects of inside sales from inquiry/quote to placement of order through shipment to customer.
- Enter orders and make any changes to order for entry on mills, including requesting new part numbers
- Prepare and process quotes
- Contact customers to obtain orders for upcoming rollings
- Contact potential sales leads
- Expedite orders and advise customer of product availability or alternative products and delivery schedules
- Work with the product manager and outside sales team as necessary in fulfilling customer requirements as well as providing market and competitive intelligence from customers
- Work with shipping and traffic departments by providing customer releases and information to schedule timely shipments
- Resolve problems that arise on orders and shipments
- Assists management with other special projects as required and provide back-up for other customer service representatives
- Project professionalism in representing the organization, internally and externally
- Develop and maintain effective internal interdepartmental relationships
- Minimum Associate’s Degree or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of customer service / inside sales experience. Prior knowledge in tubing, manufacturing or industrial sales are a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and leadership ability
- Excellent mathematical aptitude and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in SAP is a plus
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks amid dynamic timelines
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Ability to work closely with Technical, Shipping, Logistics and Manufacturing personnel
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers