Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Z Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Maintenance Technician for our location in Chandler, AZ. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, this person will conduct general repair and operations of plant’s maintenance program and be responsible for identifying and report what parts of the plant’s facilities are in need of additional work and necessary improvement.
- Support the plant’s overall preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Report equipment failures and provides needed information and data to the Facilities Manager
- Assist plant engineering with new or modified installations to insure safety and improved production capabilities
- Maintain and recommend whether existing machinery/equipment components are to be reconditioned or replaced by new components
- Follow the list of tasks and schedules for the plant’s personnel during normal operating hours, scheduled outage, and forced outage scenarios
- Support the scheduled outage plans for short and long term periods
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Determine the type and amount of materials required on job, initiates requisitions, and insures that necessary materials are available at job site
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting for facility equipment especially electronic/electrical problems
- Assure that vendor maintenance and repair manuals are kept current and filed properly
- Takes a proactive approach to maintaining the morale and motivates maintenance personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other plant personnel
- Strong motivational and leadership skills
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time to cover 10 - 12 hour shifts
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Legally eligible to work in US
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time to cover shift.
- Bend, Twist, Stoop, Sit, Kneel, Crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions.
- Other physical requirements as needed for the job.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.