Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Zekelman Industries currently has an opportunity for a Payroll Analyst at our Chicago, IL location. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, this individual will be responsible for processing the hourly and salary payroll. The successful candidate will ensure timely preparation and accurate cost distribution of Company salaries, overhead, and related benefits in compliance with appropriate federal and state withholding regulations and in accordance with the Company’s internal controls. This individual will administer all functions of the time and attendance system to ensure correct data is going to the HRIS system.
Ensure timely and accurate preparation of payroll operations and works closely with the Human Resources department to ensure that payroll actions are in conformance with employment and benefits practices, and accounting procedures:
- Handle all production entry into the time and attendance system to ensure accurate calculations of all pay, including incentive plans
- Review timecards for accuracy and completeness
- Review all federal and state payroll tax reports for accuracy, including quarterly and year-end returns; determines taxability of non-wage payments.
- Interpret Company employment policies and government regulations for payroll activities and makes recommendations on modifications to management as appropriate
- Maintain all payroll records, reports, computations and audits; works closely with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with relevant tax laws and government regulations
- Interface routinely with Human Resources on employee benefits issues (deductions, retirement payments, COBRA, etc.) to ensure timely and accurate processing
- Provide periodic analysis of payroll and disbursement records to ensure that adjustments are in accord with management's criteria
- Effectively communicate with all internal and external contacts to resolve issues in conformance with law, payroll policy, and procedure. Maintains professional, confidential, and secure relationships in all communications
- Prepare and distribute reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Payroll certification preferred (FCP or CPP)
- Collective Bargaining experience preferred
- 5-10 years of prior payroll experience in a manufacturing environment
- Preference for those with payroll experience crossing multiple countries
- Payroll/HRIS experience required; ADP Workforce Now, eTime and Kronos experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local payroll and tax regulations in a multi-state environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential data
- Knowledge and experience with processes, systems, and technology regarding HR and Benefits
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, must be comfortable discussing issues with employees through senior executive management
- Ability to follow through and resolve issues independently
- Ability to work well both individually, as well as in a team environment, is required
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.