Z Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Project Engineer to oversee the communications and documentation of our modular units. Reporting to the Project Manager, Project Engineer is responsible for the coordination of construction submittals and request for information documentation within the modular scope, as well as ensuring frequent progress communication with customers. The Project Engineer will work with the Project Managers and be assigned tasks set by them as needed.
- Primarily function as data keeper of project specific tasks. Control submittal approvals, RFI management, day to day correspondence.
- Assist with material procurement, inventory and confirmation of materials on hand prior to production according to approved submittals.
- Assist with, scheduling, budgeting and implementation of the project
- Assist with the preparation of the schedule of values
- Assist with project planning for approval by management
- Assist with the preparation of project schedules with input from project staff and, if required, assistance from the Scheduling Department
- Assist with change orders with client, architects and engineers
- Complete all required reports
- Assist with preparation of all Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, requisitions, proposals, etc.
- Attend weekly OAC coordination meetings/calls.
- Other duties as assignment by management.
Specific qualifications for the Project Engineer role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Science/Construction Management preferred
- Must have a minimum of two years of commercial construction experience
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a manufacturing construction environment utilizing degree in respective discipline
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.