Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, is seeking an Division Accounting Manager for the Chandler, AZ location. Reporting to the Z-Modular Controller, the Division Accounting Manager will lead the day-to-day accounting for all activities at Z-Modular support facilities, as well as the divisional consolidated reporting. In addition, the candidate is a member of the Plant leadership team assisting all management in measuring and driving successful results in all areas of the business, utilizing continuous improvement techniques. This candidate will also help manage the accounting operations and assist with journal entry and reconciliation review and approvals.
- Assist in the management and oversight of the daily operations of the accounting department
- Practice continual review of financial activity, focusing on project performance and accuracy, as well as total entity performance and accuracy
- Prepare and issue financial, labor, and other KPI reports that support decision-makers on all levels (project, plant, and consolidated)
- Support monthly financial close process and provide critical review, analytics, and commentary pertaining to financial performance compared to expectation
- Support intercompany transactions, clearings, and consolidation
- Complete and review assigned monthly account reconciliations timely and accurately
- Coordinate with Project and Plant Managers to lead financial planning for designated entities, including annual budget and weekly flash-, monthly, and quarterly forecasts
- Coordinate with Director of Finance and Project Managers to maintain updated project cost projections
- Work with the Director of Business & Finance Systems to ensure projects are set up accurately and in accordance with the needs of Project Management and Finance
- Support quarterly and annual audit procedures, including walk-throughs, PBC requests, inventory counts, and other on-site observation
- Maintain and organize documentation that supports audit requests, including cycle count sheets, invoices, shipping documents, journal entry support, reconciliations, etc.
- Assist in supporting quarterly Corporate financial deliverables, including disclosures and rollforwards
- Work with credit card and P-card holders, as well as AP, to ensure credit card transactions are accurately coded to account and project
- Support the management of all active contracts, monitor billing schedule, help ensure all requirements for data submissions are met timely
- Identify and communicate on-going problems and concerns to Controller and necessary stakeholders
- Work with purchasing and operations to help identify cost savings initiatives
- Maintain updated, detailed work instructions for all assigned tasks
- Support ZModular teammates, as required by PTO and distribution changes
- Meet all required due dates with completeness and accuracy
- Additional projects and adhoc reporting, as required
- College/University graduate with 10+ years of experience with general ledger accounting and closing processes. Ideally CPA or working towards accounting designation. Must have extensive advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 software strongly preferred. Experience with multiple companies, in multiple currencies and joint ventures would be an asset.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and accounting knowledge. Ability to communicate with management at all levels in a professional manner and have good writing and presentation skills to summarize findings.
- Must be able to work independently and quicky adjust to a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Remain in stationary position for the majority of the day.
- Occasional movement inside the office to for meetings and to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Ability to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Minimal travel may be required.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.