Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Zekelman Industries is searching for a Senior SAP Developer based at our corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL. This person is responsible for delivering large-scale, complex programs that marry processes with technology to help internal customers achieve high performance. Position skills are used to architect new functionality as well as maintain existing functionality. Zekelman Industries supports a highly integrated processing environment with multiple SAP instances that interface with multiple manufacturing, customer-facing web sites and other systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architect, develop, document, test and deploy new functionality using SAP development tools as assigned
- Architect, develop, document, test and deploy enhancements to existing functionality using SAP development tools as assigned
- Maintain a high level of technical competency regarding development and implementation tools
- Collaborate with all interested personnel on how to make Zekelman Industries the most competitive enterprise possible
- Responsible for special projects as assigned
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of experience with a majority of these skill sets:
- ABAP Objects
- Clean ABAP programming
- Eclipse/ABAP Workbench
- Adobe Lifecycle Designer
- HANA DB SQL optimization and Support Pack remediation
- Extensive experience in REST/SOAP web services
- Project management experience
- Certification in one or more (SAP) technology disciplines
- In depth experience with IT performance tuning, monitoring and planning tools.
- Experience working with the following SAP processes: Materials Management, Sales and Distribution, Financials, Logistics, Quality Management, Plant Maintenance, Advanced Planning and Optimization
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Legally eligible for employment in the United States without sponsorship
- Remain in stationary position for the majority of the day.
- Occasional movement inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Ability to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.