Z Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, is seeking a Land Acquisition Manager for our facility located in Kitchener, ON or surrounding areas. Land Acquisition Manager is responsible for identifying, structuring, negotiating and executing real estate transactions with a wide range of property owners and third parties for the development of high density/mixed use projects in the Texas/AZ markets. The role requires real estate transaction and development experience with a focus on local entitlement process. This position requires up to 30% travel and will mainly focus on the Ontario markets.
- Identify, conduct outreach and establish relationships with list of targeted landowners to secure viable land for project sites and easements
- Negotiate favorable business terms for a wide variety of transaction documentation including letters of intent, purchase options and essential/workforce housing projects with the local government.
- Work with financial consultants on market feasibility and finance options for the project
- Perform high level analysis and review of title, zoning, floodplain, easements, permitting fees, entitlement process and other site-specific considerations. Advise the Real Estate and Development teams on any fatal flaws or issues that may prohibit acquisition or development.
- Manages internal deadlines and negotiations with outside consultant
- Understands land valuation principles, negotiation tactics and has strong strategic negotiation style
- Understands and has direct experience in real estate entitlement and development fundamentals
- Coordinates preparation of agreements with Real Estate, Development and Legal teams in accordance with company practices
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully prioritize and juggle competing deadlines
- Ability to uphold standards of complete discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, MS Projects, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of real estate acquisition and development experience.
- Experience reviewing, interpreting and resolving title and vesting issues
- Experience in underwriting/financial analysis of the project.
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Must be able to legally work in CAD.
Let’s make it EZ:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits – medical, vision, dental
- Work from home policy for eligible employees
- Paid time off
- Annual bonus/ incentive programs
- Tuition reimbursement
Zekelman Industries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.