Z Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Construction Site Safety Manager for construction sites currently in Texas and Arizona, and additonal sites to be added in the future. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Health and Safety, this person is an assertive, decisive action-taker who provides leadership and support to construction sites in the area of Occupational Health and Safety. The Construction Site Safety Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and direction of the contruction site Occupational Health and Safety Programs and will continually strive to support the company’s goals to provide a safe and healthy workplace to all of its teammates.
- Provide leadership and coaching related to all safety and health matters to construction site management teams with emphasis placed on front line supervision
- Assertively manage post-incident matters including incident investigations, post incident action items, Worker’s Compensation claims and Early and Safe Return to Work initiatives.
- Conduct various types of periodic inspections and audits of various construction sites and specific positions in order to identify unsafe hazards and/or conditions
- Make recommendations and facilitate the implementation of effective measures in accordance with the hierarchy of safeguarding controls and Z Modular’s standards to eliminate or significantly reduce hazards to an acceptable level
- Facilitate and attend monthly Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings, providing guidance and expertise on safety and health matters. Ensure that all action items resulting from meetings are followed up on through to completion
- Develop and facilitate various training programs including, but not limited to, orientation, mobile equipment, ergonomics, material handling, workplace specific hazardous materials, as well as several others as required
- Develop and regularly maintain comprehensive Job Safety Analysis for all positions throughout the construction sites
- Maintain exceptionally detailed documentation pertaining to all safety and health matters including incident reports, risk assessments, Workers Compensation documentation, and other documentation as required
- Provide regular progress updates to the Director of Health and Safety through various methods including basecamp, Intelex, email reports, and other methods of communication
- Provide assistance in safety related matters at other Zekelman facilities and jobsites as required
- Remains informed on new legislation and regulations and ensures compliance as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular travel between construction sites is required.
- Technical or Bachelor’s Degree
- Extensive construction safety experience – minimum of five (5) years
- Extensive knowledge of the interpretation and application of OSHA’s construction safety standards
- Exceptional project management skills
- Training program facilitation and management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with all levels of employees
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain security and confidentiality of sensitive documents and personnel information
- Experience using Excel, PowerPoint, Word and general technological savviness is required
- Workers Compensation Claim’s Management experience
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program and incentives.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.