Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries.
Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks an experienced Logistics Specialist for our location in Chandler, AZ. Reporting to the Logistics Manager, this person will dispatch & schedule all outbound shipping, manage yard storage, handle and distribute all shipping paperwork to ensure that all product is shipped & delivered in a timely, efficient, and safe manner.
- Dispatch and schedule standard, dimensional, and LTL loads
- Create and coordinate shipping schedules on site requirements
- Coordinate rework required into project and shipping schedules
- Work closely with production/plant team to establish timelines when shipments must commence and outline any product availability issues to ensure they are resolved in timely fashion
- Updating all receivers daily with inbound shipment details
- Maintain relationships with carriers and ensure they follow Zekelman Industries rules and regulations
- Manages traffic flow of yard and coordinate where units will be stored and stacked based on distribution needs
- Prepare bills of lading, customs documentation, and material transfer records
- Maintain shipping database to keep track of each outbound loading including pictures
- Create, maintain and track purchase orders for all outbound freight related activities
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years of shipping and or logistics coordination experience in the manufacturing sector
- Excellent data management and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization & problem-solving skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Detail oriented
- Quick learner and ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills
- Microsoft Project skills preferred
- Knowledge of ERP systems, MS Dynamics is a plus
- Ability to Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time when required
- Legally eligible to work in the Canada
- Ability to travel in the US for training if required
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.