Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries that designs, manufactures and builds steel modular buildings in a full construction project setting, is seeking a Plant Controller for our Chandler, AZ manufacturing plant.
The position will report into the Division Controller of Z-Modular and will have ongoing interaction with the Plant Manager, Inventory Manager, VP of Operations and other functions in the business. The position will be located in Killeen TX, Chandler AZ, or our Austin TX office and may require up to 25% domestic travel.
- Be a relentless learner with the desire to understand the full workings of the business in order to support the manufacturing plant and ZModular as a whole
- College/University graduate with 5+ years of experience in manufacturing
- Take pride in accuracy and transparency of reports and data
- Must have advanced knowledge of Excel
- High degree of variance analysis to identify drivers and corrective actions
- Exposure to intercompany transactions and -reconciliation
- Experience with inventory processes
- Familiarity and/or working experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- Forecasting and Budgeting experience is required
- Must have excellent analytical skills and accounting knowledge (CPA Preferred)
- Ability to effectively communicate with management at all levels in a professional manner and have good writing skills to summarize findings
- Must be able to work independently and quicky adjust to a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Manage all Production Plant’s financials regarding P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Maintain accurate financials in compliance with GAAP
- Organize the monthly close process to aim for a 3-day close
- Ensure account reconciliations are always up-to-date and accurate
- Analyze, recommend and implement productivity improvements in the Finance Team, as well as at the plant level
- Meet all deadlines for Close, Budgeting- and Forecasting deliverables to ZModular Finance and the Corporate office
- Maintain existing and develop relevant monthly reporting to increase focus and drive plant performance improvements
- Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with all ZModular leadership
- Manage direct report(s) performance and productivity
- Be a partner to site leadership to drive continuous improvement on manufacturing- and financial performance
- Maintain updated, detailed work instructions for all assigned tasks
- Support annual audit as required
- Special projects and any other assignments as required
- Remain in stationary position for the majority of the day.
- Occasional movement inside the office to for meetings and to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Ability to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.