Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Zekelman Industries is searching for a Senior Applications Analyst in the SAP Sales and Distribution area. This person is responsible for delivering large-scale, complex programs that marry processes with technology to help internal customers achieve high performance. Position skills are used in SAP process design and configuration, SAP design, development, integration, testing and deployment, and/or SAP technical architecture to focus on architecting a solution using SAP to achieve a defined business outcome. Recognized as an expert in SAP SD module.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consults with users, senior business management, and external contacts to identify and prioritize development and system needs and requirements; develops plans to ensure alignment with department and organizational needs.
- Creates and encourages cross-functional relationships.
- Plans and manages application assessment and requirement activities.
- Assists in defining key capabilities/requirements that will enable customer strategy.
- Defines application entrance and exit criteria.
- Plans and manages application design and architecture activities.
- Creates project deliverable templates and standards (including coding standards, etc).
- Creates complex conceptual designs (including application interfaces and interactions)
- Plans and manages program-wide application build, test, and deploy activities.
- Identifies and monitors interdependencies between various application implementation activities.
- Plans and establishes after go-live activities including ongoing application support.
- Willing to travel as per project implementation schedule demands
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or management information systems or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience with SAP in one or more of the following areas: SD with relevant configuration, testing, implementation knowledge.
- Expert in
- SAP batch management
- Warehouse management
- SD pricing conditions
- SD integration with COPA.
- Vistex pricing, deals and rebate functionality
- Experience with SAP ABAP programming language (analysis, debug) a plus but not a necessity.
- Experience in EDI developments
- Understanding of variant configuration and KMAT
- Understanding of API/Webservice development
- Experience in full lifecycle implementation
- Some experience in project management desired, but not required.
- Experience with an IT Service Management Tool (Service Now, Jira, etc.)
- Requires good written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skill and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Years of Experience Required: 8+ years IT experience with 3 years of team lead experience within an SAP environment.
Other: Proficiency with Business Process Analysis, Project Management and Portfolio Management methodologies and implementation tools required. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.