Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Zekelman Industries is searching for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Technician for our Atlas Tube Harrow, Ontario location.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please do not drop off your application or call the Harrow facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work safely following WHMIS & workplace safety practices set forth by Atlas Tube Inc policy & OHSA
- Diagnose, repair, adjust, overhaul, maintain and test mobile heavy-duty equipment.
- Work on off-road heavy equipment such as Taylor lift trucks, Hoist lift trucks, Paling Transporter, shunt trucks, forklifts and various components like engines, transmissions, brake systems, fuel systems, hydraulic systems found in our heavy equipment
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists, cranes and hand tools
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges
- Initiate and complete relevant work orders
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Must be either a Certified Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Technician, (421A), or Certified Truck & Coach Technician, (310T)
- 421A preferred, will consider 310T based on experience
- Ability to stand and walk for extended period of time, shifts 8-12 hours
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull
- Able to reach in all directions
- Ability to lift over 50lbs
- Other physical requirements as needed.
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Leadand promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.
Zekelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer compliant with all Ontario law & Human Rights Code in providing accommodation to persons with disabilities and to ensuring an accessible environment. Zekelman will accommodate persons with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and persons with disabilities will be accommodated on hiring and during employment. Should you require accommodation, please do not hesitate to request it.