Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries.
Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Welder for our location in Chandler, AZ. Reporting to the Production Lead Welder, this position will perform various welding duties throughout the plant.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Determine required equipment and welding methods, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
- Follow and implement safety and quality control programs
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate for the Welder position will possess a High school diploma or equivalent and 1+ years of experience.
- AWS GMAW or MIG 3G Certified
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Knowledge and usage of measuring and testing devices, hand and power tools
- Controlling operations of equipment and systems
- Basic math abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, weld symbols, etc.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Uncompromising commitment to safety
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with other team members
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Successful completion of a post-offer hair follicle drug test, physical and background check
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.