Z Modular seeks a Health and Safety Manager for our facility in Killeen, TX. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Health and Safety, the Health and Safety Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and directing the facility's Occupational Health and Safety Program while continually striving to support the company's goals to provide a safe and healthy workplace. The Health and Safety Manager is an assertive, decisive action-taker who provides leadership and support in a fast-paced facility in the area of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Provide leadership and coaching related to all safety and health matters to the facility's management team, with emphasis placed on front-line supervision
- Diligently manage post-incident matters, including incident investigations, post-incident action items, Workers Compensation claims, and Early and Safe Return to Work initiatives
- Conduct daily inspections and/or audits of the facility, departments, and specific equipment/positions to identify unsafe hazards or working conditions
- Regularly provide recommendations and facilitate the implementation of corrective actions with plant leadership to ensure completion in accordance with the hierarchy of safeguarding controls and Z Modular's standards to eliminate or significantly reduce hazards to an acceptable level throughout the facility
- Schedule and facilitate consistently regular Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings and plant audits, providing direction, expertise, and coaching to JHSC members on safety and health matters while ensuring all action items resulting from meetings and audits are completed
- Develop and facilitate various training programs including, but not limited to, orientation, mobile equipment, crane, fall arrest, hazcom, heat stress awareness, and other training as required
- Develop and regularly maintain comprehensive Job Safety Analysis' for all positions throughout the facility, including off-site storage yards
- Maintain detailed documentation pertaining to all safety and health matters, including incident reports, risk assessments, Workers Compensation documentation, OSHA 300 logs, and other documentation as required
- Provide regular progress updates to the Director of Health and Safety and facility Plant Management through various methods, including basecamp, EHS Insight, email reports, and other forms of communication
- Remain informed on new legislation and/or regulations to ensure compliance
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policies
- Assist in safety-related matters at all Zekelman and Z Modular facilities as required
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 3-6 years of experience in Safety, Construction and/or Manufacturing required
- Associate or Bachelor's degree and/or relevant professional certification preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive documents, including personnel information
- Experience with Workers Compensation Claim Management and Return-to-work activities
- Comprehensive knowledge of various OSHA legislation and regulations, risk management programs, safety management systems, and industry best practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and general technological skills required
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage a constantly changing workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of employees while achieving buy-in for change management
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for several hours
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Must be able to stand for 10-12 hours
- Ability to perform work in a plant/manufacturing/construction environment
- Other physical requirements as needed for the job
Let's make it EZ:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits – medical, vision, dental
- Work-from-home policy for eligible employees
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with generous company match and immediate vesting
- Annual bonus/ incentive programs
- Tuition reimbursement
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.