Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries.
Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Millwright for our location in Kitchener, ON. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Millwright is responsible for performing mechanical related maintenance in all areas of the plant.
- Perform mechanical related maintenance in all areas of the Plant including pumps, welding, cutting and overall mechanical duties.
- Inspects machinery or equipment and makes any necessary adjustments, performs any required maintenance or makes whatever repairs are required. This may involve the complete disassembly and reassembly of any and all mill machinery and equipment and includes all work necessary to return the machinery or equipment to satisfactory operating conditions.
- Reads, comprehends and uses as a guide any applicable drawings, equipment manufacturers' manuals, written specifications, codes, handbooks, etc.
- Perform Preventive & Predictive maintenance on mechanical equipment as directed.
- Maintains any required records or logs concerning maintenance and repair work performed. Prepares any necessary sketches of parts or assemblies.
- Adhere to safe work practices in accordance with OHSA and Company safety policies & procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate in English, use measuring and testing devices, hand and power tools and basic math calculations
- Mechanical aptitude necessary for fulfillment of job requirements
- Must be able to interface with computers and efficient at problem solving
- Must possess a current 433A ticket
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time to cover 10 - 12 hour shifts
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Zekelman offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman and of our customers.