Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Wheatland Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Manufacturing / Industrial Engineer Intern located in Rochelle, IL. This internship is designed to hire students who will be seeking positions upon graduation. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the intern plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve efficiency of operations.
- Plan and design layouts for optimal efficiency using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment, considering available floor space.
- Analyze operations, business flow, and materials to create scale drawings for efficient personnel and equipment placement.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze samples to set standards for labor utilization.
- Analyze workforce, facility layout, and operational data. Prepare and evaluate Excel documents to enhance decision-making.
- Lead or assist in continuous improvement projects to resolve issues and improve process flow, productivity, and quality.
- Develop and refine manufacturing processes, equipment, and products. Implement new methods with management input.
- Collaborate with Production, Quality, and Finance Departments to identify root causes for net yield loss. Measure process outputs and determine equipment capacity.
- Improve documentation of processes and procedures. Create and update routings, work instructions, and blueprints for cost-efficient compliance with customer specifications and quality standards.
- Assist in analyzing prime net yield to maximize profitability.
- Collaborate with Production, Quality, and Finance Departments to identify root causes for net yield loss. Prepare and evaluate Excel documents.
- Maintain daily documentation, collect data, and perform statistical analysis to enhance process effectiveness.
- Conduct experiments to improve processes and report findings to the management team.
- Take on special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current College student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment utilizing degree in respective discipline
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low-cost, high-quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting, and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products, and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our custom